After deciding to project onto the hut structure I needed to do some experimenting with projection. I collected different colours of waxed cotton from Halley Stevensons to try projecting onto and consulted with the AV workshop at DJCAD to find a projector which was most suitable. For the outdoor projections pictured I used a hand held projector at this point however, as I am only able to use an actual projector outdoors when I have a generator to power it. This is how the projector is going to be powered on the actual project build.
Since my experiments outdoors I have experimented with projection mapping onto my models…there is still some way to go with this though before I will feel confident about projection mapping the final hut installation.